NYC Area Outlet Stores
In the New York City area, Woodbury Common and Jersey Gardens are the two largest outlet malls. With 420 outlet stores between them, there’s enough shopping (hopefully) for anyone.
Woodbury Common Outlet Mall
Woodbury Common is 50 miles (80.5 km) northwest of Times Square. This shopping mecca, built in the foothills leading to New York State’s Catskill Moutnains, welcomes all levels of discount-seeking shoppers: amateurs, intermediates and, of course, professionals.
Professionals shoppers are not people who get paid to shop. They’re regular people, like you and me, who just happen to be VERY SERIOUS SHOPPERS.
The professionals are easy to spot. All that fresh mountain air gives them extra energy to roll their huge suitcases around the amateur shoppers (like me). Their suitcases are so large that many of their closest friends can fit into them. Friends like: Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Giorgio Armani, Ann Taylor, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Perry Ellis, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera, Ermengildo Zegna, Hugo Boss, Levi Strauss and Versace, to name a few.
Public Transportation From Manhattan To Woodbury Common
Taking a bus instead of the train from NYC to Woodbury Common is strongly recommended. With all factors considered, the bus option is more efficient and more economical.
Gray Line New York’s Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Shopping Tour is an excellent option to consider. Their buses depart from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, located at 42nd Street & 8th Ave in Manhattan.
Advantages Of Taking A Bus To Woodbury Common From NYC:
- Travel non-stop to Woodbury Common
- Drop off/ pick-up point is at Woodbury Common entrance
- Faster than the train
- No transfers required, unlike train
- No worrying about forgetting your luggage (or having it stolen) while transferring trains.
- Less expensive than train when you include taxi costs between train station and Woodbury Common.
- Buses charge one set fee. Train fares vary according to time of day.
Shop Alone Or With Your Friends In Luxurious Style: Private Vehicle For Yourself Or Your Group
Will you and your friends settle for nothing but the best? Or maybe you simply want to splurge and treat yourselves to VIP treatment during your personal shopping extravaganza?
Whether you’re making your shopping pilgrimage alone, with a small group of friends or as a member of a large group, the VIP Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Package offered by Gray Lines will accommodate your needs and make you trip unforgettable. You can read about this unique offer here: 14 Day Trips and Tours to Choose From!
For one price, you and your friends will:
- Be picked up from anywhere in Manhattan at a time of your choosing
- Be transported from your Manhattan pickup point to Woodbury Common in a luxury sedan, elegant SUV or van
- Have access to a personal shopping assistant at select stores
- Drink complimentary refreshments at select stores
- Visit Gray Line’s 14 Day Trips and Tours to Choose From! and choose the VIP Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Package offer
Woodbury Common Notes:
- 1¼ hours from NYC by car/bus
- 200 outlet stores
- Right off the New York State Thruway (Route 87).
- *Dress for the weather.* Stores are spread over many buildings. You will be in the open air each time you leave a store. During winter, temperatures at Woodbury can be 10 degrees colder than in New York City.
- Join Woodbury’s VIP Shoppers Club for extra discounts. It’s free.
- Use this address for GPS: 498 Red Apple Court, Central Valley, NY 10917
Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall
Jersey Gardens is 18 miles (30 km) southwest of Times Square. It’s right across the highway (I-95) from Newark International Airport. Wear your most comfortable shoes. This place is huge!
Jersey Gardes Mall Notes:
- Half an hour from Manhattan
- Purchases of clothes and shoes are tax-free. Thank you, New Jersey!
- If you live more than 40 miles (64 km) from the mall, you qualify for a “License to Shop” discount card. Claim your card by presenting your driving license or passport at the Concierge Desk.
- Has 200 outlet stores. All stores are under one roof.
- There is regular shuttle bus service between the mall and Newark Airport.
- Use this address for GPS or MapQuest: 651 Kapkowski Road, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Public Transportation From Manhattan to Jersey Gardens
Take New Jersey (NJ) Transit’s #111 bus from the Port Authority Bus Terminal to Jersey Gardens. The Port Authority is located at 42nd Street & 8th Ave. in Manhattan. This trip takes /- 30 minutes.
To see schedules for NJ Transit’s #111 bus:
- Visit New Jersey Transit’s website.
- Under “Schedules & Fares” (top left of page), choose “Bus.” This takes you to the “Bus Schedules” page.
- Under “Bus Timetables” (middle of page), you will see “Select Bus Route(s).”
- Scroll down to “111- New York- Ikea- Jersey Gardens.”
- Click “Get Info.” A new table will appear underneath.
- Click “View Timetable.”
- Turn your head to the left (destination names are written vertically.) Return schedules are on bottom half of this page. Be sure you are looking at correct schedule (i.e. weekday, Saturday, Sunday).
You can reach NJ Transit during business hours at (973) 275-5555.
For larger view of map, click square in map’s upper-right corner.
Shuttle bus between Jersey Gardens and Newark International Airport
Are you traveling through Newark International Airport and need to shop right after or right before your flight? Take the Jersey Gardens/Newark Airport shuttle bus service. It takes 10 minutes.
See Jersey Garden Mall’s “Tourism” page for details. Look under “Transportation.”
Was this post helpful? If so, please consider sharing it through your favorite social media.
© Copyright TripHoney.com, All Rights Reserved