How to take bus from 33rd Street PATH train station to High Line’s northernmost entrance:
Take PATH train to 33rd St. & walk to bus stop
- Take PATH train to the 33rd St. station in Manhattan (#15 on map)
- When you reach street level, you will be at 32nd St. and 6th Ave.
- Walk 2 blocks north along 6th Ave. to 34th St.
- Cross to opposite side of 34th Street (to where the Macy’s store is)
- Look for bus stop at corner in front of Macy’s
When you reach bus stop
- You will be taking an M34 bus
- Front of M34 bus says: M34 Javits Ctr-12 Av
- The M34 is a Select Service Bus (SBS) route
- With SBS buses, YOU MUST PAY BEFORE BOARDING
To pay for M34 Select Service Bus (SBS) Before Boarding:
- Find ticket machine next to bus stop
- Follow instructions on machine
- Machine asks you to insert your MetroCard
- Bus fare is deducted from your MetroCard
- Machine then prints a paper receipt
- KEEP THIS PAPER RECEIPT–It is your PROOF OF PAYMENT
After paying for bus fare at machine:
- Take M34 bus to the 11th Ave. stop
- Descend from M34 bus at 11th Ave. stop (#23 on map)
- You will be at 11th Ave. & 34th St.
- Walk west along 34th St. (toward Hudson River) half a block to High Line’s northern entrance
- Entrance is on 34th St., between 11th & 12th Avenues. (see #2 on map)
There is an M34 bus and an M34A bus.
Only take the M34. DO NOT TAKE THE M34A
- Front of M34 says: Javits Ctr./12th Av (this is the one you want)
- Front of M34A says: Port Authority (you DO NOT want this one)
- Confirm with bus driver that you boarded correct bus
- After getting your receipt from machine at bus stop, you do not have to show or pay anything when boarding the bus–just find your seat
- If a roving ticket agent boards bus, you must present receipt/proof of payment
- If you do not present receipt, you will pay a VERY LARGE FINE
- Don’t forget, buy MetroCard at Penn Station if you don’t have one already
- If 3 or more in your group, taking taxi might be faster/less expensive.
- See next option, Option 3, if taking taxi.
For more transportation options to the High Line, or to view map, see How To Get To The High Line.